Process Improvement Tools
This section contains a number of structured problem solving and data handling tools/techniques, the sort used to identify and resolve operational problems and process improvements.
They are not part of the core project management techniques but are included because they can be invaluable in the types of projects that hospital staff are tackling.
Tools & Techniques
The most common problem solving and process improvement tools.
- Case Study - Local Improvement Team
- Rating & Ranking - Selecting Options
- Cause & Effect Analysis - Fishbone Analysis
- Flow Charting & Process Mapping
- Pareto Analysis - The 80/20 Rule
- Mind Mapping
Data Handling Tools
The most common data handling, analysis and presentation tools.