This toolkit focuses on team development and leadership - how team leaders can best lead and develop their teams. The team may be a permanent one or project team.
Considerable research work has been carried out in this field, most of which has focussed on four questions:
- Teams. How do teams develop and which approaches
can help that development?
- Styles of Leadership. What styles do different leaders use and which is
the most effective?
- Motivation. What motivates people and what can leaders do to
achieve or encourage that?
- Leadership Skills. What management and interpersonal skills do leaders require?
This site summarises the work in all of those areas and is in four parts, each accessed by the buttons at the top of the page and by the links below. They are:
- Overview - this introductory section.
Development - models and approaches used in the development of teams.
Development of their capability, team spirit, climate, and
- Leadership Styles
- the main theories of leadership and motivation style plus
- Leadership Skills - the main leadership and interpersonal skills needed